Monday, April 28, 2008

Results - 90 Days

It's now officially over. I've conquered my 90 day fitness regime. Yeah! Clap clap clap!

Day 61-90
2 lbs
Total of 4.5 inches (arms, waist, hip, butt, thighs, etc)

For the whole 90 days:
10 lbs
Total of 16.5 inches (arms, waist, hip, butt, thighs, etc)

I'm quite pleased with the results of this whole thing. I knew within myself that I can finish it and get the results I want.

I was quite afraid that I'd hit a plateau for this last part, but I didn't let that bother me. I think, right now, my body is still adjusting to the new weight.

After the last workout rotations, I had my recovery days (Friday, Saturday and Sunday). But those days weren't exactly 'workout free' cause I had yoga and played intense volleyball Saturday evening. Nonetheless, I didn't go in front of the TV to workout.

Starting today, I'm continuing with my workouts, days 91 to forever. But this time it's more for weight maintenance and toning. It's a program of 1 workout a day, stretching and eating right. If you ask me, I'd still like to lose 4 more lbs, but any weight I lose at this stage is a bonus. I don't want to pressure myself, nor do I want limit myself. I'll just do my thing and let it come.

***

Now, please give me a few moments to reflect:

This one, I really did it for myself. Not for anyone else--not for Momon, not for friends, not for people who may have said I'm a little fat. It was really a journey I took alone. That means, it is I and I alone who was a factor in making this program work. If I flunked this program, there is only me to blame.

That means, I didn't wait for others to workout with me--I did it on my own. I don't point at others for tempting me to eat a lot as reason why I actually did--I tell myself I won't let them bother me, and they can tease all they want. I take care of myself (stretching, supplements, sleep) so I have enough energy to workout the next day. Sure I had days when I skipped workouts (although very few) due to soreness, sickness, whatever, but I move the workouts I missed to other days when I'm feeling better--I don't make excuses.

I say this because I feel that this is really the key to my weight loss. When Momon and I wanted to lose weight two years ago, we had designed somewhat similar programs. We'd check on each other, try to eat less together, etc. But when we both felt that we didn't want to workout or eat less, we'd let each other off the program. Our commitment to lose weight was to each other, not to our own selves. If someone doesn't deliver, we both get disappointed and depressed.

If you're reading this and want to lose weight yourself, I hope I inspire you. I'm not a fitness trainer, but I'll be happy to share what I did to anyone who's interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment