Thursday, August 25, 2011

Turbo Fire Results Tracking set on Sunday!


I can't believe my last entry was almost 2 weeks ago! Days on the second half of my birthday month (still claiming) flew by so fast with so many trips, tasks and other time-wasting activities! I won't pretend every moment was spent working on worthwhile pursuits, haha! Anyway, I'm holding myself accountable for this blog and posting is a must.

-----

I recently embarked on a new workout program called Turbo Fire.

Turbo Fire is an in-home workout program developed by my favorite trainer, Chalene Johnson and BeachBody. Also under her belt, copies of which I have and used, are Turbo Jam and Chalean Extreme.

Turbo Fire is a high intensity workout that involves plyometrics and cardio bursts called “HIITS” or High Intensity Interval Training. The moves are based on Chalene's Elite 11 (Turbo Jam) but the pace is much faster and the jacks, kicks, jumps and lungers are more intense. With more plyometric training and more interval training, Turbo Fire will focus on lengthier intensity bursts and shorter breaks. This kind of training is similar to the ones used by athletes--so as Chalene always says, "Think of yourself as an athlete!"

There are 18 videos altogether.
  • One (1) video guide on the whole program 
  • Five (5) cardio workouts starting from 30 minutes up to 60 minutes
  • Four (4) HIIT varying in lengths from 15 minutes to 30 minutes
  • Six (6) targeted workouts covering toning, sculpting, abs, core, lower and upper body.
  • Two (2) stretch videos for your recovery
All these workouts are mixed and matched within a 12-week program designed to achieve maximum results. You can extend the program to a total of 20 weeks if you desire. 
The video is filmed in a class setting, with Chalene leading as the trainer on a stage and lots of people on the floor following her command. This includes you, of course. According to Chalene, this arrangement inspires people to do more and workout to their maximum ability. If you're feeling tired, all you do is look to your right or left and match the energy exerted by your neighbor and keep up with them. I must say, it works. But you also have to really picture yourself in the class and feel the energy in order to benefit from this approach.

The very complete package also includes the Fitness Guide (overall manual for the program) 5-Day Inferno Plan (quick weightloss plan), Nutrition Guide, Turbo Tracker (a notebook to track your results) and the Class Schedules including one that mixes Turbo Fire with Chalean Extreme.

Did I say Chalene is my favorite? I follow her on Twitter, Facebook, You Tube etc. When people ask me who I train with or who my trainer is, I immediately say, with all pride and yabang, that my trainer is Chalene Johnson!

Anyway, I think I'm starting to sound like a salesperson for Turbo Fire. But can I help it if I'm really having major major fun with this workout?! Needless to say, I highly recommend it. If you're interested on having your copy, just follow the links I put above.

Now for my 4-week results... that's coming up on Sunday. Wish me luck and more energy for my workouts!


1 comment:

  1. I did a search for TurboFire and came across your blog. Did you finish the cycle and, if so, did you find you achieved your desired result? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete