Monday, July 05, 2010

Discovery Weekend (Momon's Account)




I have to admit that I had my doubts with DW. I felt that it was going to be a waste of time and money. There are many successful marriages that did not go through DW. I felt that we could use the money elsewhere since there are cheaper and less time consuming alternatives.

Also, guys have a hard time sharing their feelings, even to their partners. I’m not exactly the expressive type. So why pay for something that I don’t even like doing?

Another thing, Ros and I have been together for almost 9 years. What else is there to know about her? What else is there to talk about and share? I thought that this was going to be a useless exercise.

After the DW experience, I admit that I was wrong with my initial impressions. First, regarding the fee, the organization is nonstock and nonprofit. The money will be used for future DW and other outreach programs. For two night’s stay and plenty of food and snacks, the fee is reasonable. The experience is also, as cheesy as this may sound, priceless.

Regarding the sharing of feelings, you won’t actually share with the other couples. You will only share your thoughts and feelings with your partner. There is no other venue or opportunity to share your innermost thoughts like DW.

I found out that length of time as a couple is relevant with DW. Ros and I are together for almost nine years. During the weekend, we affirmed our past experiences. We revisited special moments and determined what made it special for us. We also shared with each other our expectations for our future as couple.

I would recommend DW to all couples getting married or having plans of getting married. This experience won’t change your life, but it’s a start.


--------
For more information, please visit: http://www.discoveryweekend.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment