Friday, June 16, 2006

My Miami Fan

As I'm writing this entry, the Miami Heat is leading 40-35 against the Dallas Mavericks in the 4th game of the 2006 NBA Finals. Watching the games is now part of my role as Mymah.

Dahil nasa review si Momon, I have to watch the games for him. And at the precise moment the game ends, I have to text him about the results... not before it ends, and not way after. Hindi rin dapat magsend ng text kung humahabol ba... or malaki ba ang lamang. Final result lang, that's it.

Unfortunately, after the first two games lost, and the very close third game... Momon has given up hope. Meron s'yang bracelet na Miami colors, and just recently, nasira ito. Para sa kanya, senyales yon na talagang matatalo ang Miami. Hindi rin pwedeng ma-overexcite pag leading ang Heat kasi baka mahabol pa.

Kaya naman as his supporter, more than the Miami Heat's, I can't say, "Hindi... kaya pa yan!" Hindi ko rin pwedeng sabihin, "Tama ka. Wag na tayong manuod." So I just listen to his analysis, his rantings, predictions, rationalizations (may sense o wala), and his requests for me to comfort him.

Please... Miami Heat, manalo kayo. Para sa Mymah ko.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoy babae, may sense lahat ng rationalizations ko a! Kaya nga rationalization e.

    Anyway, thanks so much. Nag-give up na ko ng hope para di na ko masaktan uli. Pero may flicker pa rin naman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm watching the game right now...

    ReplyDelete