Sunday, January 10, 2010

Adarna Food and Culture

We have chosen our reception venue:
ADARNA FOOD AND CULTURE, Kalayaan Avenue, Quezon City



The story:

Like I said in my previous blog entry, we initially wanted Sonya's Garden for our wedding reception. Pero Adarna was really the thing that convinced us to move the wedding to Metro Manila. When we dined here, I somehow felt the same awe as I did when we went to Sonya's Garden.

I love love places that are themed, yung bang hindi half-baked. Both Adarna and Sonya's are like that. They have their personality, they have a character na lutang na lutang pero hindi naman nakakaumay. Every corner, every decor is well-thought of, and the execution is a work of art by its owners and managers.

"Adarna Food and Culture is a restaurant that celebrates Filipino culinary heritage by serving historical, regional and heirloom recipes in a warm, elegant and homey setting," says their FB fanpage.

The things we like:
For me, I just like the fact that it's not the usual wedding venue, a place na hindi lang ang bride and groom ang pwedeng makita, but also the things exhibited in the restaurant. I like the thought na "unique" kahit papano ang wedding namin.

The menu is not the usual that we see in buffets, something that we can really explore and play with.

Also, we don't have to hire an event stylist to make the place beautiful. It's already pretty on its own.

I'm thankful that we're dealing directly with the chef and the owners. I love how they share their artistry to make our wedding a success.

Finally, I like that this place is a bit known to be a haven for NGOs, progressive civil society workers, and the like, being that the owner is a women's and girl child's rights activist. Haha, the NGO worker in me!

Still to do:
Since it's not one of the more popular venues, we have to make an extra effort to bring our coordinator, florists and lights and sounds suppliers for an ocular. Hindi pwedeng masabi na nakagawa na sila ng wedding doon. No problem, though.

More photos: http://rmacachor.multiply.com/photos/album/6/Adarna_Food_and_Culture

1 comment:

  1. hi! multiply site is already closed. Can you send me pictures of your reception? I was planning to have wedding reception in Adarna as well. thank you :) Here's my email: justinemaycaluza@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete