Sunday, January 17, 2010

Grooms: The True Decision Makers

Sometimes I don't understand how I'm feeling about these wedding preps...

Minsan gusto ko nang magtuloy tuloy, ayusin na ang lahat... pero I also constantly remind myself that there is a time for everything. I have to prioritize my work and there are more urgent things to do.

Minsan din we read/hear/see something that seems so fabulous, so nice to have for our wedding... tapos sa moment na yun sobrang decided ka na, kahit pa mahal gusto mo pa rin, sinasabi mo sa sarili mo pasok sa budget, merong paraan!

Meron din namang time na wala kang gana, or simply wala kang time even to think about the wedding preps...


I always look to Momon in times of confusion, and he always quotes Michael Clayton, "I said to myself as clear as this may be, as potent a feeling as this is, as true a thing as I believe that I have witnessed today, it must wait. It must stand the test of time. (And Michael, the time is now.)" Madalas, when I'm completely stumped---wanting too many things at a time--Momon presents a decision that seems so logical I wonder why I never thought of it.

I guess grooms stand at a great vantage point. They are involved, no doubt. We may even be underestimating how much they think about the wedding. But they maintain a certain distance from all the details, therefore seeing things more objectively.

This is a bit unusual for my groom whose motto is "Indecision is the key to flexibility"--which I hate, by the way! But for this case, Momon has proven that he doesn't only tell me the things I want to hear, or agree to my suggestions for the sake of ending the discussion, but he truly helps me make a good decision.

So, I guess I'm not going to rant that my groom is not so involved with the preps. I'd say, he's involved enough--allowing me the freedom to plan my dream wedding with all the drama of doing so, and coming in during crucial times, like a rock I can always lean on to steady myself and keep me on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment