Saturday, February 06, 2010

Angel of Hearts

We booked Angel of Hearts (Lawrence and Lorry Jean Dela Rosa) as our supplier for our Entourage Bouquets.


The Story:
I honestly don't know how I feel about flowers... gusto ko ba sila, prioriy ko ba sila, or willing ba akong deadmahin lang sila? I ike flowers in general, yes. I arrange flowers in our house and I enjoy looking at them. Momon only gives me flowers for special occasions, so I guess di rin s'ya big on flowers. So, wala. Di ko alam kung nasaan sila sa rank ng mga priorities namin.

Pero for sure, kailangan namin ng flowers kasi ganon talaga. Alangan naman walang bouquet? Wala rin naman akong idea na pang-substitute.

I went to Dangwa/Manila Flower Center in Laong Laan for a meeting with Angel of Hearts. Although di ko pa sila nakaka-usap, wala pang anything, decided na kami ni Momon sa kanila. They were recently named one of Weddings @ Work’s Top Ten Suppliers, and the feedback of the members speaks volumes.

Initial Observations:
My meeting with them was quiet brief, walang ganong discussion except for me asking for the names of the flowers. They were very patient, kahit minsan umuulit na yung tanong ko, sinasagot pa rin nila. Ako na yung nagsasabing, “Ay natanong ko na pala yung kanina!” I felt Lorry Jean wanted to move forward already so I just listened to her after this.

Comment ko lang is sana mas maganda ang organization ng mga photos nila. When I saw the photos, they were classified according to use (ento, centerpiee, church, etc). Maybe they can bring it further and fix it by color and by kind of flower. Kasi for someone like me who doesn’t know a thing, it would have save a lot of time kung may ganong classification.

Napadali ang decision making because of one thing: COST.

Grabe, MY GAD ang mahal pala ng bulaklak. I mean… alam ko naman na hindi mura… pero na-shock pa rin ako. Imagine, isang bouquet ng cymbidium orchids P6000; yung tulips… P8000 ba? How can it be? Tapos after all that malalanta s'ya? Nyikes!

Buti naman yung favored flower ko ay kasama sa mga “cheap” flower selection. So, ganon ulit, dumali ang decision.

Grabe din ang quote for centerpieces, nakakalula! Ang simple centrepiece in a low vase – SIMPLE, TALAGANG NAKASPECIFY – ay P500. Pag tall vase, P800. And the vase is going to be pulled out, di mo maiuuwi. Couples Table is P4000; VIP Table is P5000.

Note that THIS IS NOT TO SAY that Angel of Hearts is expensive, it’s just that it took us by surprise, mainly because of our lack of knowledge of the price range and that flowers are not our priority.

Package Inclusions:

Flower Selection – roses, carnations, astromeria, statice and buttons

1 Bride
2 Mothers
2 Maids of Honor
3 Secondary Sponsors
3 Female Principal Sponsors

Package Cost: P8,000
Freebies (although I don’t think anything is really free, haha!): Tossing bouquet, car bouquet and petals

Next Steps:

We’ll have to come back around a month prior to the wedding to make the mock-up and finalize all the details.

I have to research some more and finalize my idea about my bouquet. Kasama na rin sa research and paghahanap ng simple and cheap centerpieces. Kung DIY, open rin kami dyan, pero kung for a small price may mao-offer ang Adarna, dun na lang.

Side Kwento:
Nung dumating ako sa shop may mga madre doon. Ang sweet nila. Bago sila umalis, mega greet sila saking ng best wishes, good luck. Yung isang madre, nag-kiss pa sakin. Hehe.

Ayan, for something na paulit-ulit kong sinabing wala akong true interest, ang dami ko pa ring sinabi no?

No comments:

Post a Comment