Thursday, August 10, 2006

The Magic of Disney

I can still remember how I watched the Little Mermaid for seven consecutive days.
To this day I can still sing "Belle" (with all the dialogue) from Beauty and the Beast.
I always almost cry when I hear "Feed the Brids" from Mary Poppins.
And I will always be proud that our very own Lea Salonga voiced for Princess Jasmine and Mulan.

That's why finally... I understood why the young ones like High School Musical so much.

Cast of High School Musical


Whereas I was completely disappointed... I could just picture myself loving it at their age. It's just that I had so high expectations, ones with basis. I marked it on my calendar, checked for the countdown, and patiently watched the film even if it made me crazy because of the chipmunk voices of the two female leads. Belle, Jasmine, and Ariel didn't have those voices!

But when I saw a young girl in Kumon singing "Breaking Free" quiet loudly I may add... and just this morning when I heard a young boy singing the same tune while playing basketball... I finally understood.

They've found their Belles and Beast, Ariels and Erics, Aladdins and Jasmines.
High School Musical, you're okay.

3 comments:

  1. half pinay ba?!
    sana di na sya magpaka-chipmunk. pero other than that... okay naman sya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved High School Musical! (I think I'm on some sort of time warp)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey! i loved high school musical too! and i'm already 25! haha. i don't mind the chipmunk voices so much. the stupid songs were in my head for a whole week! the movie's so disney. they're all happy perky people. :)

    ReplyDelete