Monday, July 04, 2011

7th Book: Fish Without a Doubt


All right, I decided to include cookbooks in my 30 Books for 2011.

This book has been sitting in my parents' living room for quite some time. I never really paid  it any attention until now that Momon and I are going on a low-carb, high fat diet. I need to learn lots of techniques and ways to prepare fish to keep our meals interesting.

I scanned the book and saw that it has chapters and recipes on the most basic techniques for preparing and cooking fish and shellfish. It has pages on things as simple as grilled squid, grilled shrimp, garlic butter sauce, etc. Although I basically know ho to do these stuff, I would still love to really learn about the fundamentals and develop a certain level of expertise.

And of course it has the usual complicated stuff with titles I can't even pronounce. These will be my cooking challenges in the coming months. :-)

The ultimate motive: get Momon to love fish as much as  I do.
Hahaha! Hope to share some recipes from this book soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment